Domestic Executive Protection
The Domestic Executive Protection Course is exclusive to the Alberta Security College Advanced Course stream. The course is based on the fundamentals of “Protecting People” and teaches students to safeguard an individual, versus securing property or information.
The Executive Protection Course teaches students to act as personal body guards to esteemed clientele by assessing possible threats, practicing effective motorcade operations and working in team formations.
ASC Executive Protection Instructors are experts who recently provided executive protection to Canadian and foreign dignitaries in Afghanistan.
The real-world experience is unsurpassable and makes for excellent curriculum from those involved in operational theatres. ASC is privileged to host these valuable professionals on our Instructing staff, and challenges those who enjoy a little risk and thrive under pressure to enroll today!
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The Executive Protection Course is challenging both mentally and physically and covers a variety of advanced security procedures. The course is open to graduates of the Basic Security Professional Course and is a great starting point for those interested in a career in Close Protection or Body Guarding. Class numbers will remain small and host an abundance of practical, field craft.
Bring yourself to a higher level of training with Domestic Executive Protection at ASC!
- Protecting People Introduction: Introducing the principles of Close Protection through the understanding of roles, responsibilities, and regulations involved in the Close Protection field.
- Profiling and Facilitating the Client: This section involves identifying the needs of the client and comparing said needs to potential threats to foster the working relationship.
- The Protection Team: In this section the ASC Instructors will structure a ‘Protection Team’ to work together under differing roles. Each team member will learn each position both in the classroom and in the field.
- Convoy/Formations: During this section students will learn to form protective positioning to ensure the safeguarding of the client during vehicle transport and pedestrian movement.
- Operational Planning: Students will utilize the aforementioned skills and plan a theoretical operation, and then a practical operation in the field. Each student will have an opportunity to plan an operation in entirety.
- Reacting to Threats: In this crucial section of the course, students will identify threats and in turn apply the practical application of appropriate force, under the regulated guidelines of approved ‘Use of Force Continuum.’